Ground water mode (Water Overlay)
For the Water Module there exist three modes how to handle ground water:
- Complete (selected by default for Ground Water Overlays)
- Infiltration only (selected by default for Flooding and Rainfall Overlays)
The ground water behavior will be as followed:
- Complete Groundwater: water can infiltrate into, exfiltrate and evaporate from and flow horizontally through the underground.
- Infiltration Only: surface water can only infiltrate into the unsaturated zone of the underground. It cannot exfiltrate and evaporate from or flow horizontally through the underground. Neighter can ground water from the unsaturated zone infiltrate further to the saturated zone. Instead, the unsaturated zone is imagined to be infinite, trapping water that enters the unsaturated zone for the further duration of the simulation.
- None: Surface water cannot infiltrate into, exfiltrate and evaporate from and flow horizontally through the underground.
- Complete Groundwater: GROUND_WATER > 0;
- Infiltration Only: GROUND_WATER <= 0 and INFILTRATION > 0;
- None: GROUND_WATER <= 0 and INFILTRATION <= 0.