How to modify your project's WFS url to allow transactions to overwrite conflicting data
When using the WFS endpoint from the Tygron Platform, the used URL can be modified to add additional data or filters to the data. Through transactions, it is possible to effect changes in the data in your project. However, default behavior is that when data conflicts, then the modification is not processed. It is possible to allow changes to overwrite existing data when such a conflict occurs.
- Find the geographical data you wish to export and select its export option.
- In the export window, select the "Overwrite existing" option of the Web Feature Service.
- Select the "Copy URL" option of the Web Feature Service.
- The desired url is not copied on your clipboard, and can be pasted in your desired GIS application.
This will change a url of the following form, which retrieves all buildings:
into a url of the following form, which causes all function values to be included in the output:
- The kind of data that is potentially blocking (or overwritten with the overwrite parameter) would be, for example, overlapping buildings. With the overwrite parameter, rather than that the points of overlap cause the modified data to be rejected, the geometry of the existing buildings will be adjusted to make way for the new buildings. Specifically, where the geometries intersect, the existing building's geometry will be removed.