How to add a WMS as an WMS Overlay
To import the data from the WMS, hover over the overlays button and choose the add Image overlay.
A new overlay (named WMS Overlay) is added. Click on the right side on the Configuration Wizard. See below for the steps to follow in the Configuration Wizard.
- Add an WMS Overlay from the Overlays menu
- Click on the right side on the Configuration Wizard button
- Select the option Import from a Web Map Service
- Click on Add a new Map Service
- Choose a name for the WMS
- Choose a Service Type
- Provide the URL of the WMS (the GetCapabilities part can be omitted)
- Choose the dataset (layer) you want to view
- Choose additional color channels to view as Child Overlays
- Finish the wizard
- The WMS must conform to the following requirement before it can be loaded properly into the Tygron Platform: the WMS must have PNG as output format.