How to create a Project Source for a WMS
Jump to navigation Jump to search
It's possible to add output from a WMS to a Project via a WMS Overlay. This requires defining a connection to the WMS as a Project Source, and then referencing that WMS's Project Source with the WMS Overlay.
Editor → Current Situation (Ribbon tab) → Overlays (Ribbon bar) → WMS Overlay (Left panel) → Source Select (Right panel) → Add Sources
How to create a WMS Project Source:
- If no WMS Overlay exists yet, add a new WMS Overlay to the Project
- Select the WMS Overlay, and at the "Source" entry, click on "Select". The Source Selection window will open.
- At the bottom of the Source Selection window, click on "Add Sources". The Project Source Wizard will open.
- For the import method, select either the option to add a service by url, or find a service in a Catalog Service.
- If the option to find a service in a Catalog Service is selected, select the Catalog to use, and then find the appropriate service in that catalog. Select it.
- Enter/confirm the appropriate url for the WMS as "Website URL", and enter an appropriate name for the Project Source].
- Finish the wizard. A Project Source has now been added which refers to the WMS.