Bowen ratio (Heat Overlay)
|BOWEN_RATIO||ratio||Bowen ratio||Describes the rate of heat transfer for a surface that has moisture as a factor.|
The Bowen ratio is a property of a surface, specifically the ratio between two types of heat transfer (sensible heat and latent heat). The wetter the surface, the lower the ratio.
- The DPRA Heat stress report uses only two possible values for the Bowen ratio: 0.4 and 3.0.
- By default, functions such as trees and vegetation generally have a ratio of 0.4. Other functions have a ratio of 3.0.
- Terrain bowen ratio (Heat Overlay)
- Bowen ratio result type (Heat Overlay)
- PET formulas (Heat Overlay)
- Wikipedia. Bowen Ratio. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowen_ratio. Last visited: 16-12-2019