How to import a measure with water
Measures are a powerful means of setting up a future situation. Because they can encompass a large amount of individual features, importing them from pre-made Geo Data files will save a lot of time. However, such plans can sometimes contain a water component, which will require a bit more attention to import properly.
- Open the geo import wizard.
- Opt to import a measure.
- Select the desired datatype and precise datasource, and continue through the wizard.
- At the step for filtering data, if possible set up a filter such that the features of water are not included.
- Continue through the wizard as normal, including setting up a proper mapping between feature Attributes and Functions.
If it was not possible to filter out the water features previously, ensure all features matching water features are of a recognizable Function which can easily be differentiated from the rest of the plan later on.
- Finalize and close the wizard. A Measure is now added to the Project.
- Go to Future Design, and then Measures, to open the list of Measures. A new Measure named "Measure" will be available.
- Select the newly created Measure, and change the name to an appropriate name for the plan.
- If it was previously not possible to filter out the water features from the import action, select all the Measure's Buildings which correspond to water features and delete them.
- Click on "Add Terrains" to add a Terrain element to the Measure.
- Select the Terrain entry, and opt to draw the outer area of the Terrain.
- Use the "Blueprint" drawing option, and then opt to use the wizard to set a selection. This will reopen the geo import wizard.
- Reselect the datatype and datasource used before, but this time apply a filter to only select features which are water.
- Continue through the wizard and finish it. The water features from the plan will be added as a pending selection to the current drawing action for the Water Terrain.
- Click on "Apply selection" to confirm the outer edge of the Water Terrain.
- Opt to draw the inner area of the Terrain.
- Create a selection which overlaps with all the outer area selected previously, and apply the selection.
- Set the relative height change of the terrain to a sensible water depth.
- The Measure now consists of both the imported Buildings and the water feature(s).