CityGML is an open standardised data model and exchange format to store digital 3D models of cities and landscapes. It defines ways to describe most of the common 3D features and objects found in cities (such as buildings, roads, rivers, bridges, vegetation and city furniture). It supports several levels of details and supports materials and textures. 3D features have standardized attributes based on their type (building, road, bridge) and support additional user attributes.
CityJSON is a different exchange format which uses the same underlying data model as CityGML. Both formats can be imported into the Tygron Platform.
- Currently the Tygron Platform supports the import of the following modules of the CityGML standard:
- Building (and class BuildingPart)
- Other modules are not read when importing with the Geo Data Wizard.
- These 3D Models will be stored in the project as Custom Geometries. These Custom Geometries can be automatically assigned to buildings present in the project based on their location.
- How to import a CityGML/CityJSON file
- How to import 3D BAG data
- Converting a Sketchup model to CityGML format
- Exporting Blender models to CityJSON