Jump to navigation Jump to search
Networks in the platform are composed of multiple constituent components:
- Net Type: A categorization of the network.
- Net Nodes: A node present in one or more networks
- Net Lines: A connection between two net nodes
- Has an associated Net Function, which in turn is related to a specific net type.
- Net Loads: A definition of supply or demand in the network
- Net Clusters: Cluster of net loads that provides group (de)activation.
- Net Settings: Settings related to the configuration of a Network of a specific Net Type.
Restrictions on networks
- Networks cannot contain any cycles. All networks should be defined as a tree. If the network is not structured as a tree, network generation and other calculations may have unexpected results.
- A net node can be connected to 1, 2, or more net lines, except when that node is a load node. In that case, a net node can only be connected to exactly 1 net line.
- Behavior for networks linked with buildings which are altered during a session are undefined. When using network functionality, the buildings linked to by the network should not be demolished, upgraded, sold to other stakeholders, or otherwise changed.
- How to generate a network using the network wizard
- How to import an existing network
- How to manually edit a network
- How to check for errors when using the network wizard
- How to check for errors when using the net validation panel