- This article is about a unit, means of transportation. For units in the context of TQL see TQL.
After reading this page:
- you've learned what units are.
- you've learned what role units have in the Tygron Platform.
- you've learned which types of units are available.
- you've learned how to add or units to or from a project.
- you've learned how to change already existing units in a project.
- 1 Units
- 2 How do Units relate to the Tygron Platform?
- 3 Types of available Units
- 4 Editing Units
- Units are the various means of transportation that can be displayed in the 3D World.
How do Units relate to the Tygron Platform?
- The available units can be added to the 3D World in order to visualize the dynamic feel of the 3D World. For the vehicles that are situated on the roads, the units not only complete the visualization of the real life situation, they are also used for visualization of the traffic density calculations (See also: Traffic Model) of the various types of roads. For example, a highway has more units per hours than a brick road. However the units per hour cannot always be visualized. Crossroads are an example of this, the units per hour on a crossroad can be used in the calculation process but are not included in the visualization.
Types of available Units
- In the Tygron Platform, there are multiple types of units available. Each type of unit has its own properties consisting of its name, color and whether it is active or not in the 3D World.
|Land based units (Road)||Land based units (Rail)||Waterborne units||Airborne units|
|Sedan car (multiple color types)||Cargo ship|
|Mini Cooper (multiple color types)||Spray boat|
Adding and removing Units
- By default some units are present in a new project. This section deals with adding units to the 3D World
- By selecting the 'Add' button on the bottom of list of units, a new panel with units appears. By selecting the desired unit from the list, and then the 'Apply' button, the unit is added to the project, but not activated yet. By highlighting the newly added unit on the left panel, the unit details become available on the right side. Here is also a checkbox to set the unit Active in Simulation.
How to add units:
- Select Visuals
- Select Units on the ribbon bar
- Select 'Add' from the bottom of the list in the left panel
- Select the desired unit type from the popup panel and apply
- Notice a new unit has been added to the unit data overrides list in the left panel
- Select the newly added Unit
- Set the Unit to Active in Simulation in the right panel
- By selecting the 'Duplicate' button on the bottom of list of units, a new units appears on the list with the followup number in parentheses. The list is alphabetical per units type. Whether the new unit is active already in the 3D World depends on the parent unit that is duplicated. It will copy the active or inactive state of the original unit.
How to duplicate units:
- It is not possible to remove a unit. However it is possible to make a unit inactive and therefore not be visualized in the 3D World
How to deactivate a unit:
- Changing existing units can be done by selecting an already existing unit on the left side of the Unit Data Overrides Panel. The characteristics of the existing units are displayed and can be edited on the detail panel on the right side of the editor main view.
How to change units:
- In the "Name" field, a specific name for the unit can be entered, replacing the default naming. Please note that the default name of a unit often refers to the actual type of the unit.
Active in Simulation
- By checking or unchecking the checkbox the selected unit is vizualized in the 3D World or not.
Available Unit Colors
- In these colors this type unit is displayed in the 3D World
Editing the amount of units per hour
The amount of units per hour can be edited and is used for visualization of traffic overlays in the 3D World.
How to edit amount of units per hour: