Housing target (Indicator)
After reading this page:
- you've learned what the housing target indicator is.
- you've learned how the housing target indicator is calculated.
- you've learned how to adjust your project in order to make the indicator functional.
What is the Housing target indicator?
The Housing target indicator calculates the number of houses that are added to the project current situation and relates this to the total target of houses. This indicator is useful for projects where for example:
- one of the goals is to work on reaching a certain housing target
- different spatial plans are compared in the 3D world
The total amount of houses is adjustable, this makes it useful for all types of projects. The housing target indicator is on neighborhood level.
This Excel indicator can be downloaded from the Tygron Index. Read on to find out more about the indicator's calculation method and how to set it up in your project.
The indicator panel shows the three different types of housing, the number of houses that are built in the neighborhood and the targets for the social housing and the total target.
The indicator calculates the difference in houses between the planned and original state of the project. Houses in the Tygron Platform are called Units. A building block is not necessarily one unit. You can see the number of units when clicking on a building in the 3D world. Only units of the type normal, social and luxe are being taken into account. The total target can be adjusted. An additional target of 30% social housing is deducted from this total target.
The score is represented in a progress bar, with a scale from 0 to 100%. Determine if you want to calculate the absolute or relative score.
For this indicator to function, an extra attribute has to be added to the Neighborhood in where the houses will be build and a new Global has to be defined to set the total housing target. Read below for the steps.
Add the Attribute
The indicator looks only at the number of units in a certain Neighborhood. This neighborhood is marked with the attribute PLAN_AREA with a value > 0, for the indicator to know which neighborhood to look at. Therefore, an attribute has to be added to the neighborhood in where you want to build houses.
- Select the Current situation tab and click on theNeighborhoods button in the ribbon header
- Select the Neighborhood where you want to build in the left panel
- In the right panel, go to the tab Attributes.
- Scroll down to the bottom and enter the Attribute name PLAN_AREA with value "1".
- Click on Save new attribute. The attribute is now added to the the other attributes.
Add the Global
- Select the Current situation and then hover over the TQL Queries button in the ribbon header.
- Click on the Add Global button in the hover panel. A new global named VARIABLE will be added to the left panel.
- Select the global VARIABLE.
- In the right panel, change the name to HOUSING_GOAL.
- Change the start value to a number representing your total housing target.
- Hover over the Auto update icon and choose for Reset to Start values (faster) to update your project.