The Waterwijzer Overlay results can be used to:
- Calculate the yield loss based on existing crops for currently known highest and lowest groundwater levels.
- Calculate the yield loss for crops when using different groundwater level management strategies simulated by a Groundwater Overlay or a Subsidence Overlay.
- Determine the best type of crop per parcel given the highest and lowest groundwater levels and type of soil.
The Waterwijzer Overlay calculates yield loss for agriculture crops based on:
- A climate scenario;
- A weather station;
- Type of soil;
- Type of crop;
- Highest and lowest (averaged) groundwater levels;
- The Overlay makes use specifically of version 2.0.0 of the Waterwijzer tool.
- The irrigation parameter, which in the Waterwijzer tool is active for a number of the crop types, is currently not taken into account.
The overlay offers multiple result types. Each result type expresses the yield loss due to specific circumstances as a percentage.
|DAMAGE_DRY||% yield loss||The loss of agricultural yield due to low groundwater levels.|
|DAMAGE_WET||% yield loss||The loss of agricultural yield due to high groundwater levels.|
|DAMAGE_INDIRECT||% yield loss||The loss of agricultural yield due to indirect causes.|
|DAMAGE_SALT||% yield loss||The loss of agricultural yield due to salt water irrigation or salt water seepage.|
|DAMAGE_TOTAL||% yield loss||The total loss of agricultural yield for a particular crop.|
- How to add and remove an Overlay
- How to edit an overlay legend
- How to add the Waterwijzer Overlay
- How to configure the Waterwijzer Overlay to use groundwater results from other calculations
A Waterwijzer Overlay can be configured by opening the Waterwijzer Overlay Wizard. More in-depth information can be found under each of the categories below.